Skip to Content


NSW Companion Card welcomes all feedback.

If you have any feedback about anything relating to the Companion Card, please contact us:

By phone Freecall: 1800 893 044

By email:

By post:

Companion Card 
Locked Bag 4028 
Ashfield NSW 1800

Feedback about use/acceptance of your Companion Card

If you have some feedback about your Companion Card not being recognised, or if you have a problem with access or unfair treatment at venues/activities, you should talk first to the manager or owner of the venue/activity.

If you are still not satisfied, please contact us by phone, email or in writing, in one of the ways listed above.

Feedback about how your application was assessed

If you have been declined a card at this time you would have received a letter outlining the appeals process.  You should refer to this information and contact NSW Companion Card in one of the ways listed above to express your concerns about how your application was assessed.

Other feedback

We want to know about what we are doing well and what we need to improve.

Your views are very important to us.

We will handle your complaint fairly and as quickly as possible and you will not be disadvantaged in any way because you have made a complaint. You have a right to complain and this is something we take very seriously.

You can make the complaint yourself or family members, friends or someone else can make the complaint on your behalf but we cannot speak to anyone about your application unless you give us permission.

Some complaints can be sorted out very quickly but others take more time. We will let you know what we are doing about your complaint and how long it will take. We will give you the name and contact number for the person who is managing your complaint.

We will keep information confidential as far as possible and will only discuss the complaint with people who need to know about it. Some serious complaints might have to be discussed with another service, for example the police or another government organisation. You can have an advocate to manage the complaint for you and speak on your behalf.

If you do not know anyone suitable, we can help you find someone that you are comfortable with.

If you are not happy with the way your complaint is being handled you can go to the funding body or the NSW Ombudsman at any time. Make a complaint to the NSW Ombudsman.

We will make sure the reasons for any decisions that are made be explained to you or your advocate.

Was this content useful?
Your rating will help us improve the website.
Last updated: 24 Sep 2019