Who is eligible to apply?
When applying for a Companion Card you will be assessed against the eligibility criteria. You may be eligible for a Companion Card if:
- you are an Australian citizen or resident, and live in NSW; and
- you are a person with a significant and permanent disability; and
- you are unable to participate at most community venues or activities without attendant care support; and
- aids and other technologies do not meet your attendant care needs; and
- your need for this level of attendant care will be life-long.
How do I determine if my need for a carer to access the community is permanent?
Having a permanent need for a carer means:
- you are unable to access the community independently in most situations
- your need for a carer in the community is ongoing and not episodic
- aids and equipment do not replace your need for a carer in the community
- the type of care you require is more than social support and supervision
Apply for a Companion Card
[PDF, 254.62 KB]