Skip to Content

How do I apply for a Companion Card?

You must fill out a hard-copy (paper) application form, and post it to the NSW Companion Card team at:

Companion Card 
Locked Bag 4028 
Ashfield NSW 1800

Alternatively, you can email the form and photos to

Download an application form here: 
Application Form PDF, 305.35 KB

My Companion Card has expired do I need to fill out a new form?

No, all you need to do is call us on 1800 893 044 or send an email to with your updated address and contact details.

Can someone else fill in the application form on my behalf?

Yes, someone else is allowed to complete the form for you, or help you to fill it in. They will then need to put their contact details on the application form. They will find a place on the form to do this.

What supporting information should I send with the application?

You should send any relevant supporting information, such as:

  • contact details of support services (e.g. respite services)
  • copies of up-to-date reports from health professionals (e.g. a specialist, psychologist, speech therapist, physiotherapist, paediatrician, occupational therapist, registered nurse or social worker)
  • any other information that you believe will show that you qualify for a Companion Card (e.g. details about the support you receive through the National Disability Insurance Scheme)
Was this content useful?
Your rating will help us improve the website.
Last updated: 03 Jun 2021